Main Road, 0522, Blacksmith Shop

Rowley Blacksmith Shop Henry House-4441.jpg
Rowley Blacksmith Shop Henry House reverse-4442.jpg

Title

Main Road, 0522, Blacksmith Shop

Description

Blacksmith shop at 522 Main Road, two cats play in the snow. Property first operated by Alexander McGray (or McCray) in the 1880's. It was operated as a blacksmith shop by Charles A. Barnes. Later owned by Roswell Rowley. The building burned on February 19, 1903 (Wilson, p. 115) . It was located on Granville Hill, on the right going west, just after the house at 522 Main Road.

Date

Unknown

Contributor

Image contributed by the Oleksak family.

Citation

“Main Road, 0522, Blacksmith Shop,” Granville History Digital Collection, accessed May 24, 2024, https://granvillehistory.omeka.net/items/show/702.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Geolocation