Silver Street 0183 E. Clifford House, Circa 1750-1760, MACRIS GRN.104

Title

Silver Street 0183 E. Clifford House, Circa 1750-1760, MACRIS GRN.104

Description

Garrison colonial at 183 Silver Street, built circa 1756-60.

Top photo on page taken by Herbert Hiers, 1941. Thanks to Jacky Wackerbarth who identified the house as the one at 183 Silver Street. Jacky remembers the place as having been abandoned arounf the 1960's/70's.

The house was owned by William Clifford in 1941 and later by the Moore family who may be responsible for the restoration of the house (not known for certain).

Date

Hiers Photo: 1941

Rights

Digital Image, 1941 Photo: Granville Library Historical Room and NCCHP

Citation

“Silver Street 0183 E. Clifford House, Circa 1750-1760, MACRIS GRN.104,” Granville History Digital Collection, accessed September 29, 2023, https://granvillehistory.omeka.net/items/show/974.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Geolocation