Maple Corners MACRIS GRN.A

Title

Maple Corners MACRIS GRN.A

Description

Maple Corners is a small settlement in the northern part of Granville developed along the road to Blandford (Beech Hill Road) in the late 18th and early 19th centuries.

A Methodist meeting house (the first west of the Connecticut River) was erected in the area in 1797. There is a small monument located where the meeting house once stood.

A toll road was proposed through the area in 1802, but was never funded. The construction of the Borden Brook reservoir (1909) flooded much of the farmland in the area.

Today the area is best known for known for:

Citation

“Maple Corners MACRIS GRN.A,” Granville History Digital Collection, accessed November 27, 2022, https://granvillehistory.omeka.net/items/show/1000.

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>

Social Bookmarking