Browse Items (6 total)

  • Tags: Ralph Hiers

Jolly Eight Grand Canyon 1923 06 20 BW-8993.jpg
In 1923 Granville brothers Herb and Ralph Hiers were part of a group known as "The Jolly Eight" who crossed the United States in their automobiles.The chronicles of the group were recorded in a book which was published under the title, "The Jolly…

Granby Road 0174 Carl Beeman 1941  Hiers Photo 108-5274.jpg
174 Granby Road, Granville, Massachusetts. Built by Ralph G. Hiers.
Photo by Herbert Hiers, Summer 1941
The home of Carl Beeman in 1941.

Union Church Letter Kebbe to Cooley 1903 4 pgs.pdf
Two letters proposing that the Granville churches form a "Union Church." The 1903 letter is from David Lyman Kibbe, pastor or the Congregational Church on the hill. The 1906 letter is from Edgar Alonzo Brownell of the Methodist Episcopal Church,…

Granby Road Mill in the Meadow copyright  J G Coleman Photography.jpg
The Mill in the Meadow was constructed in 1976 by Ralph Hiers, assisted by his grandson Matt Jones. Ralph was quite an expert in old mill sites in the Granville area. You can listen to him speak on that and other Granville history topics at THIS…

Granville Baseball Team-4183.jpg
The Granville baseball team, 1919. Names on reverse of photo.An earlier photo of the team is at THIS LINK.

Noble and Cooley Truck001.jpg
Truckload of drums packed in cardboard crates, about to be driven to the point of shipping (typically by rail).
Shown in the picture, left to right: Ralph and Avola Hiers, and Dolly and Frances R. "Stub" Hunt.
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2