Browse Items (15 total)

  • Tags: Paul Jensen

Borden Brook House 2002 11 28 now gone Paul Jensen photo.jpg
James Ripley House, 1870. 90 Borden Brook Rd. MACRIS inventory #GRN 4.

This property is now owned by the Springfield Sewer & Water Commission as part of the Borden Brook Reservoir watershed. The house is gone.

Photo 1: Taken by Paul Jensen, 28…

Granby Road Mill in the Meadow copyright  J G Coleman Photography.jpg
The Mill in the Meadow was constructed in 1976 by Ralph Hiers, assisted by his grandson Matt Jones. Ralph was quite an expert in old mill sites in the Granville area. You can listen to him speak on that and other Granville history topics at THIS…

Main Road 0557 Nestrovich with Maples 2006 02 18 Copyright Paul Jensen.jpg
Photos of Nestrovich Fruit Farm in Granville, MA. MACRIS photo and inventory summary.   Paul Jensen copyrighted photos (used here with permission:  - 557 Main Road, 2006. The maple trees were removed around 2019/20.  - Nestrovich Sign and Truck: July…

Main Road 1569 2019 03 08  001.jpg
The Nathan Curtis House, built about 1800. Nathan Curtis was a tavern keeper, first licensed in 1816 (see Wilson's "History of Granville" page 339).

The present owner (2019) purchased the property from George Sattler in 2000, who recounted the…

Main Road 1562 Aaron Coe House 001.jpg
Capt. Aaron Coe House, 1562 Main Road, Granville, MA. MACRIS # GRN 27.Older photo from about 1910 (estimated; photo is undated).There is a large photo album in the Mabel Root Henry Historical Museum at the Granville Library containing an extensive…

Store at West Granville  001.pdf
1. History of the West Granville Store (PDF)
2. Photo taken around mid to late 1930's. License plate on pickup is 504430. Sedan in front: B76423 (?). West Granville school is visible in background (built 1934).
3. Reverse of #2.
4. Photo taken…

Tree on road above Cobble Mountain Reservoir Paul Jensen photo.jpg
The old tree near 655 Blandford Road, overlooking the Cobble Mountain Reservoir. Tree removed 2020 (or 2019?).

Old Westfield Road 0289 Jensen Harry E 1941  Hiers Photo 054-056.jpg
The Jensen Farm, on Old Westfield Road. Now part of the reservoir watershed.

History (Not all Owners Known): Built circa 1800 > Bancroft (1855) > J.W. Tryon (1870) > J. Jensen > Darius and Marie (Hansen) Jensen, Harry E. Jensen (1941) > ??? >…

Ripley Road Bridge in Winter
Ripley Road Bridge, removed in 2000's, road closed. MACRIS Inv. # GRN 917

Town Garage Summer 1998 Paul Jensen photo.jpg
Scenes At The Town Garage. Photos by Paul Jensen.
Town Treasurer's Vault: Summer 1998.
Civil Defense Vehicle: June 10, 1999
Granville Fire Dept. Truck: May 23, 1999
Output Formats

atom, dc-rdf, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2